Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Morning Thoughts and Marbels..


Morning thoughts..


I pick up my soul like marble balls scattered on the ground. It’s everywhere you turn into, almost encompassing and frightening all the same. I need to re-build my pieces, find my pieces and keep collected to feel peace. 

Peace? Is a foreign tongue to me, to us.

Peace is nowhere to be found in the land of turmoil, the land of the strong; where lions always win and rule.

Peace is nowhere in the near future when positions of power are seen as form of control instead of responsibility, instead of “All of you are guardians and are responsible for your wards. The ruler is a guardian and responsible for his subjects ...etc”

Peace is nowhere to be found when religion becomes a tool, a culture instead of character. Peace is nowhere to be found when boys are forced to be men and girls have no choice but to chase womanhood. Because being a girl isn’t cool enough, because make-up is cool, because your own skin should be painted sometimes sealed with tons of powder.

Peace is nowhere to be found when we are busy pinpointing other's flaws and neglecting our own. When we judge each other on how fleek our eyebrows are, really?! When we descend to that level of superficialness, you know the marble balls aren’t close to be found.

I am afraid that I will be searching much longer,maybe many more decades I am afraid that, by then I will no longer recognise my marble balls. Let alone find them and collect them.

Asia Aboosy 


No comments:

Post a Comment