Wednesday, October 12, 2016



I walk aimlessly , cluelessly..trying to pull my own weight. Every step feels like ascending the moon with one single large step ripping my two legs apart. I have my headphones plugged into my ears yet I can't hear a sound.

I walllkkkkk..I walkkkkk, aimlessly, One STEP followed by ANOTHER..

Then I hear a very loud honking noise breaking into the buzz of my ears. A car almost hit me..some slurs..I stand still. I freeze..

I continue standing..I feel heavy..I think I cant reach my home..I walk again,aimlessly, trying to drag my weight ..and walk home. I check the street number, Ughhhh I am wayyyy passed home and curfew.

I should walk back, I should turn 360° around "you should turn aroundddd" I tell myself. But..but my body feels like a huge castle today, like a wheel stuck and sunk in a deep mud.

"Should I call a Taxi to take me home"..I turn my neck around to look for my bag..I don't see my bag or HAND..OHHH MYYYY GOOOD where is my RIGHT HAND..my right hand is MISSING. Someone stole my right hand with the BAG..How will I ever eat again..or..drink or..write.

I freeze again. My head turns and turns. I feel paralyzed and heavy and lost and without my right hand or a bag or a phone or some money....

"How will I ever find home???!". I wonder.

 Suddenly the waves in my mind calm. I hear myself. I hear my self clearly saying

"I will learn how to use my left hand, I will learn how to eat and drink and SURVIVE"

And if I successfully turned my neck around  I can also turn my body.

So I turned around.

And walked ..aiming my home.

My body still felt heavy, very heavy actually but its my body and I need to carry it anyway, I need to learn how to carry it and feel light.

I found home.


Guess what else I found..?

I found my RIGHT HAND grabbing and clutching onto my hand bag.

And ,so, I felt light and jumped towards my bag to grab my phone and check what I had missed.









No comments:

Post a Comment