Wednesday, June 8, 2016



A Somali Hoyoo Just Like You




It’s not just her fiery features that awes me
it’s her courage so raw without a flaw
like a stream, it flaws unbroken non-stop
you can’t break her soul

it’s her toughness, her resiliency that sewed up our torn nation
it’s her patience that resembles prophet Ayuub’s
it’s her Iman that” Verily after hardship comes ease”
it’s her ability to send kids to school from selling tea
murmuring a dua’a while drying her sweat, her hijab is wet though the sun is hot
I tell ya, you can’t break her soul

because she has rebellious strength that refuses to be labelled just “dumaar”
she isn’t just “Dumaar”..
she her highness is a lioness!
the taste of heaven, the mercy of rain in Sahara dessert

In the evening,
she carries her skirt with elegance, you won’t recognise she sold tea the whole day
under the burning sun of Galkacyo
you my lady is something else
so pour me some of that fierceness in you, mold me into something that resembles your edges so I won’t lose myself
lend me your claws so I’d carry on your legacy

to become a Somali hoyoo..just like you

No comments:

Post a Comment