Friday, September 4, 2015

Translation of the previous Arabic poem I wrote earlier today, dedicated to Aylan (the 3 years old Syrian boy who was washed ashore dead may he RIP in heavens Ameen) frown emoticon
How am I?, And everything?
Suffocated, unaware of what’s wrong with me..
Dreaded, feeling like the whole world is against me..
No family, no relatives, no one asks how is me...
Why? When did we reach this state, a state that saddens the friend and enemy..
Grief has become my colour and shades, so sphere..
Sadness effaced my soul, now it’s gone and sear
Sorrow!, raw sorrow cooked in my heart left it all stained and smeared
The pain, and the Ahhhhh, and akhh from the Ahhh where is our Mutanabi,
oh where is the Umaah, where is your brother's pain is your pain?
Did you see what happened to Shaam-el Qooda, and the rural of Aleppo?
Have you seen the horror that happened in the new Fallujah, once called Doma ?
Have you seen the fallen angel washed ashore, once called Aylan just because he was a Syrian ?
When all lands had refused him sough refugee in the high angry seas..
Even the see washed him ashore, told him, even inside it wasn’t safe or secure..
Go to the heavens; go to where injustice never occurs
Go to the heaven, Aylan, where a free pass is insured
No visa’s required there in the skys, No more sorrow, or sadness where mercy over flows
We will tell God how all humans, all believers, fail us in every possible way
Oh am sorry, my bad, you never asked how I was.
*Mutanabi (an Arab poet)
*Shaam Al-Qooda, rural Aleppo: parts of Syria

No comments:

Post a Comment